Job Summary: Planning and Organizing:
• To work with the Executive Chef in completing the Food & Beverage department input into the overall hotel strategic plans.
Operations and Product Quality
• Analyze local-market needs and trends, and support the definition of the hotel’s overall Food & Beverage offering
• Manage menu preparation and pricing in line with the stated F&B objectives of the hotel and the brand.
• Develop new menus and food items to meet the taste and dining requirements of the guests. Maintain sensitivity to local cultural traditions and adhere to religious beliefs in preparation and services of all food on premises.
• Oversee the preparation and presentation of food products to ensure maximum quality at all times.
• Implement procedures to minimize wastage and over-production.
• Ensure standards of presentation and preparation of food items meet hotel & brand standards
• Lead Task Force Missions on behalf of the hotel, to support the opening of new Fusion properties, and other special events catered by Fusion
Departmental Leadership – with the Executive Chef
• Ensure that that Kitchen professionals are fully aware of hotel F&B strategy, and that their products meet these requirements
• Direct and coordinate the daily activities of all the hotel’s kitchens.
• Coach and guide new members of the team, putting in place proper orientation training and ongoing training and development for team members.
• Manage relationships and contracts with suppliers.
• Support and facilitate staff participation in local, national and international competitions.
Health, Hygiene & Safety
• Maintain the highest standards of Food Hygiene, and adherence with all Health and Safety standards.
• Report and take appropriate action to correct any health or safety hazard.
• Liaise with Engineering regarding maintenance and repairs of equipment
• Check and ensure the proper storage of raw and processed food items including the condition of food in freezers.
• Instruct staff on all emergency measures in case of accident and have a first aid kit available and stocked in the kitchens, in collaboration with hotel’s clinic
• Ensure all work areas in the kitchen are kept tidy and clean.
Job Requirement: • At least 3 years in a senior kitchen leadership position (Exec Sous, CDC or Sous)
• Strong and passionate leader that can coach and motivate his/her team to excel
• Experience in international hotel brand, preferably 5 star properties
• Fluent in English & Vietnamese (speaking, listening, reading & writing)
Report to: Executive Chef
Monthly Salary Range: VNĐ
Expected Starting Date: 01/01/2021